Established in 2007, The Bedford Bulldogs Athletic Booster Club is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, volunteer parent-run organization. Our funding comes from membership support as well as proceeds from concessions, apparel sales, and team fundraisers held throughout the year.
Working together with the BHS Athletic Office and the High School Athletic Director, the BBABC provides additional support for Bedford High School sports teams.
Requests come through the coaching staffs from all teams, and cover wants not met by the athletic budget.
Each year, we support each season’s Meet the Coaches Night and Athletic Awards nights. We provide volunteers at the outdoor and indoor concession stands, we support individual team and seasonal fundraising events, and we provide two types of scholarships (Rich Beyer and BBABC). We are always looking for volunteers to help!
Our meetings are held at 7pm on the first Wednesday of every month at the Bedford High School Library.
Each year we provide funding for the following:
- Rich Beyer Scholarship: Two $1000 scholarships, awarded to 1 female and 1 male graduating BHS student-athlete
- BBABC Athletic Scholarship: Two $750 scholarships, awarded to 1 female and 1 male graduating BHS student-athlete
- Sports Award Night (Fall/Winter/Spring), where we provide pizza, salad, drinks & dessert for athletes & their parents
- Banners & Plaques for State Champion Teams & Runners-Up – approximately $7,000 per year
- Fund athletes’ travel expenses to state/regional meets
- Individual requests by sports teams based on team fundraising totals
To become a member, click here.
BBABC donations and team funding requests recently fulfilled include:
- Purchased three treadmills for the weight room ($5,000)
- Purchased speakers for the weight room
- From BBABC sponsored team fundraisers, teams were able to spend over $38,000 for items not included in the BHS Athletic budget
- Funded cost of indoor tennis tryouts due to inclement weather
- From BBABC sponsored team fundraisers, teams were able to spend over $45,000 for items not included in the BHS Athletic budget
- Lacrosse Coaches attending US Lacrosse National Coaches Conference
- In excess of $34,000 back to BHS sports teams from BBABC sponsored team fundraisers. This money was used for equipment (among them, an end zone camera, a video camera, iPads and outdoor canopies), team warmups, end of season banquets, and other team requests.
- Purchased an awning for outdoor concession stand
- Boys & Girls Cross Country team – provided hotel rooms at the New England meet in Cumberland ME
- 2012-All American National Soccer Game in Alabama for Erik Martel-voted best player in NH 2012
- Donated to Hockey Teams for creation of Programs for 2012-13 season and purchase of a banner
- 2011-Varsity Boys Basketball trip to Kentucky for a tournament over Christmas
- Donated to Hockey Teams for creation of Programs for 2011-12 season
- Purchased mirrors & dumbbells for weight room
- Purchased record boards for Track & Field
- Purchased a Banner for Cross Country
- Purchased wind screens at Tennis Courts
- Donated to purchase of Field Groomer
- Purchased mats and equipment for weight room
- Purchased bumper plates and a “half-rack” with a platform for weight room
- Fundraising for additional weight room equipment and improvements
- Joint participant with Bedford Friends of Recreation (BFOR) to fundraise for upgrades to the SAU Baseball Field
- Bulldog mascot costume